Dr Dave Randle, President and CEO, WHALE Center, was recently one of the co-chairs for the Windsor Castle Consultation organised by the International Community for Caring Communities. Its theme was “Imagine the Possible: Innovation for Urban Development, Sustainable Tourism and Culture. Randle wrote a recent piece for the Huffington Post on what took place.
GRAB THE ESSENTIALS
- The sustainable tourism portion included concepts of the anthropocene, planetary boundaries, social-ecological systems approaches, resilience thinking and cultural preservation, particularly for indigenous cultures and the cultures found in geotourism destinations.
- A new model for tourism was shared to address the planetary boundaries along with some examples of best practices in tourism.
- Results and recommendations from this Consultation are designed to stimulate implementation of result oriented solutions through presentations at United Nations Commissions and Forums as well as, other related venues.
- Read the original article on the Huffington Post
- Follow Dr David Randle on Twitter.
- Learn more about the International Council for Caring Communities on their website.