The longlist of finalists for the annual World Responsible Tourism Awards features 206 representatives from 69 countries. With this year seeing an entrant from Antarctica it means that 2015 is the first time there have been entrants from every single continent on Earth.
GRAB THE ESSENTIALS
- Among the list are the winners of the recent Irish Responsible Tourism Awards and African Responsible Tourism Awards at WTM Africa, the first two regional schemes in the World Responsible Tourism Awards family.
- The winners will be announced at World Responsible Tourism Day, which occurs each year at the annual WTM London event.
- The categories this year are: Best animal welfare initiative; Best for beach tourism; Best cultural heritage attraction; Best destination; Best accommodation for disability access; Best for engaging people & culture;
Best hotel for local sourcing; Best innovation for carbon reduction; People’s Choice for Responsible Tourism; Best for poverty reduction; Best responsible tourism blog; Best sea or river cruise; and Best for wildlife conservation.
- Read Harold Goodwin’s blog about the longlist
- See the complete longlist on Responsible Travel.
- Follow WTM’s Responsible Tourism Twitter feed.