OTA GreenHotelWorld.com already provides eco-conscious travelers a booking Platform that filters more than 8,000 Green Hotels Worldwide based on their certified and verified green practices. In addition, the platform now also offers travellers the chance to search through and book over 124,000+ non-green hotels, while offsetting the estimated CO2 emissions created by any hotel stay.
- Through their recent partnership with TripAdvisor, GreenHotelWorld has integrated green hotels included in the TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Program and claims it now hosts the largest collection of certified & verified green hotels on any OTA.
- International tourism contributes directly to 5% of global CO2 emissions. Of this, hotels account for 21%.
- GreenHotelWorld has partnered with myclimate, a carbon offsetting organisation, to calculate and offset the CO2 emissions of user bookings.
- Read the entire press release
- Follow GreenHotelWorld on Twitter
- Read an article on Tripadvisor’s GreenLeader scheme: “Tripadvisor’s Greenleader certification: Leadership… or Greenwash?”