Accessibility app Wheelmap is celebrating five years of existence. The free app tells you who accessible public places across world are. Developed by German nonprofit SOZIALHELDEN e.V., users have added nearly half a million entries since it began.
- Wheelmap is now available in 22 languages and on iphone or android.
- It has around 35.000 users per month
- Places are tagged red, yellow or green to denote whether they are wheelchair accessible, have limited accessibility, or are not currently accessible.
- Last month, the app added a new feature that lets people know whether restrooms are accessible or not.
- Read the original article on Gizmodo
- Access the map at Wheelmap
- Read more on why Accessible tourism could soon be the largest travel market in the world.