“When the history of our times comes to be written, tour operators, travel agents, hotels and other tourism operators will be judged more than anything on what they did to embrace responsible travel in any of its aspects.” So writes Dave Richardson in this review of efforts to be more responsible in the tourism industry for the Country by Country website, focussing particularly on the growth of ABTA’s Travelife scheme.
GRAB THE ESSENTIALS
- Travelife works with tour operators to create a consumer-facing database of hotels and other accommodation providers worldwide that conform to strict responsible tourism standards.
- About 1,200 hotels and other accommodation units are accredited to Travelife, along with 20 tour operators.
- Read the original feature on Country by Country
- Learn more about becoming a member of Travelife.
- Discover accredited hotels on the Travelife Collection website.