The Seychelles’ Ministry of Tourism and Culture is to sign an agreement with the South Africa-based Fair Trade Tourism soon so that it can sell all Seychelles Sustainable Tourism Label certified hotels as sustainable products of Africa. The accord seeks to stimulate cooperation within the sustainable tourism standards and certification sector, and provide leadership in building the capacity of certification scheme owners and certification bodies to provide accessible, reliable, and credible certification services to the tourism industry.
- Fair Trade Tourism encourages and publicises fair and responsible business practice by tourism establishments in southern Africa and beyond. it is the only such scheme in the world.
- Initially launched in South Africa, it now also certifies properties and experiences in Madagascar and Mozambique
- Read the whole story here
- Follow Fair Trade Tourism on Twitter
- Learn more through Fair Trade Tourism’s online training courses