Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has relaunched its Taj InnerCircle members’ programme with guests now able to donate points to community initiatives. The first two partnerships announced are with Women’s India Trust and bee-keeping social enterprise Under the Mango tree.
- Women`s India Trust’s mission is to help women help themselves, by providing a platform for advancement and empowerment to unskilled and disadvantaged women. As part of Taj`s Enterprise Development program, Taj hotels across India procure laundry bags, newspaper bags and slipper bags from WIT, which helps to build the livelihoods of slum women in Mumbai. In addition, associates volunteer by providing guidance and counseling on product quality as well as training the women on personal grooming, personality development and nutrition workshops. Guest donations support provision of the resources for women to attend certified courses in Nursing, Nursery Teachers Training, Tailoring and Block/Screen printing.
- Under the Mango Tree (UTMT) is a social enterprise, promoting bee-keeping amongst marginalized farmers in the poorest districts of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh through its `Bees for Poverty Reduction Program`. Taj uses their honey in cooking, for use in buffet meals and for sale at our patisseries. Guest support helps UTMT purchase bee boxes, provide bee-keeping training and teaching farmers how to make a range of products out of honey.
- Learn more about the Taj Charity Rewards Programme
- Follow Under the Mango Tree on Twitter
- Learn about Choice Hotels’ own version of a philanthropic loyalty scheme.
In the Future