A worldwide campaign to end canned hunting, a tour operator offering locally-led alternative city tours and a mangrove conservation and education project in Madagascar are among the organisations included in list of finalists for the 2015 World Responsible Tourism Awards at WTM.
After intense debate by the judging panel, 37 organisations have been chosen across 12 categories, recognising achievements from animal welfare campaigns to accessible tourism practices in one of the most diverse lists of finalists the World Responsible Tourism Awards has ever seen. The organisations, which range from tourism industry giants such as TUI Travel UK & Ireland, to tiny individual enterprises such as Cnoc Suain in Ireland, or Felin Talgarth Mill in Wales, UK, are based in 20 countries worldwide, with Cyprus, Hong Kong and Finland represented for the first time ever.
- The complete list of finalists is: &Beyond, Agri Tourism Development Corporation, Aruba Tourism Authority, Atlas Kasbah Ecolodge, Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Wellness Retreat, Campaign Against Canned Hunting, Cnoc Suain, Connemara Wild Escapes, Coral Cay Conservation, Cyprus Tourism Organisation, Endeavour Safaris, Felin Talgarth Mill, Gansbaai, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, Hetta Huskies, Hong Kong Airport Authority, Honko Mangrove Education & Conservation, LooLa Adventure Group, Loophead Peninsula, Lotus Travel AB, Matava Resort, North Island Seychelles, North Sailing, OneSeed Expeditions, RuralSuite Hotel-Apartamentos, Scandic, Shangri-La’s Vilingili Resort & Spa, Maldives, Soneva, The Donkey Sanctuary, Tiger Trails Jungle Lodge, Travel for Wildlife, TUI UK & Ireland, Turtle Bay Beach Club, Uakari Lodge, Ullswater Steamers, Uncornered Market and Urban Adventures
- Members of the public can vote on the winner of the People’s Choice Award until 21 August here.
- Read Harold Goodwin’s blog for WTM on the finalists.
- Follow World Responsible Tourism Day on Twitter
- Watch the video of the 2014 award ceremony