Intrepid Travel has announced plans to become the first global travel company to achieve B Corp status. It follows the announcement in July that Intrepid Group would split from TUI after a four-year partnership, with co-founders Darrell Wade and Geoff Manchester taking back full ownership of the brand they founded in 1989. Now that the company is once more independent it hopes to achieve B Corp status by April 2016.
- B Corps businesses are required to meet “rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.”
- There are currently more than 1,300 companies from 41 countries certified as B Corps, of which just are travel businesses.
- Intrepid Group announced it would donate all profits from its Nepal trips for the 2015/16 trekking season back into rebuilding efforts as part of the Return Nepal campaign.
- Read the full story on TravelWeek.
- Follow Intrepid on Twitter
- Learn more about the significance of B Corp status