Who We Are
We are the team behind all that is Travindy. Let us know if you would like to be involved too.
I specialise in sustainable tourism and business development in Central and Eastern Europe. I help shape ideas and manage projects.
- Consulted several travel businesses and destinations from Central and Eastern Europe, including Poland, Russia, Ukraine, among others.
- Worked as Global Community Manager at Travel Massive and Business Development Manager at ExploRussia.
- Accredited Auditor and Consultant for Travelife.
- Holds a masters degree in sociology; currently doing MSc in Responsible Tourism Management.
I am a writer and communications consultant specialising in responsible tourism. I help people tell better travel stories.
- Blog on WTM's Responsible Tourism website
- Write the World Travel and Tourism Council's monthly Tourism for Tomorrow newsletter
- Work with various hotels, lodges and other companies involved in sustainable tourism and conservation on their communications. Recent clients range from a UK National Park to an award-winning ecolodge in Dominica.
- My website is jmcsmith.co.uk
I am an expert in sustainable tourism communications, also specialised in sustainability certification and sustainable supply chain management.
- Professor of Sustainability Marketing at the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at the University of Surrey
- Consultant at VisitEngland.
- Worked as Director of Respondeco.
- Extensive experience in training on sustainable tourism production and consumption.
- Helped over 2000 organisations to communicate sustainability, including UNEP, UNWTO, WWF and the Travel Foundation.
I am a digital marketing consultant specialised in sustainable tourism communication and marketing.
I specialise in the communication and marketing of responsible tourism practices
- Adventure Sales Consultant at Intrepid Travel
- Consulted hotel businesses in Central Europe to become more sustainable and helped promote their sustainability efforts
- Worked in the hotel sector in marketing and communications
- Masters degree in Responsible Tourism Management.
I specialise in sustainable tourism at designated sites with focus on cultural routes in the Baltic Sea Region.
- Contributed to the Sustainable Tourism Strategy of the Sea Fortress of Suomenlinna.
- Helped promote the historic village of Yuyuan in China.
- A graduate of World Heritage Studies Master’s Programme and Bachelor in Social and Cultural Services and Tourism.
I write a column on topics and research that support the business case for sustainability in hospitality and tourism.
- Dr. Aurora Dawn Reinke founded Astrapto to bring about sustainability change in hospitality, travel, and events.
- Astrapto Academy offers practical online training and toolkits to make sustainability simplified and approachable for busy industry professionals.
- She has chaired the Business Travel Working Group for the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), served on the sustainability committee of the Global Business Travel Association, and on the redesign task force for green meeting standards for the Events Industry Council.