write for us
Travindy accepts guest posts and articles. You can write for us on a regular basis or as and when you have something worth sharing. Most importantly, your story has to be unique, interesting and follow our guidelines.
If you have written for us before, simply log in and upload your article.
However, if you have not written for us before, please do not send us finished articles. Contact our editor to discuss your ideas first.
- Recommended word count: 400-800 words, however we are happy to accept longer contributions, which may be edited for length if necessary.
- Headlines should be around 8-12 words long. The should state what the argument / content of the article is in as appealing a way as possible. Ask yourself, would I open this post if I saw the headline? Would I share it?
- Make your main point in the first paragraph of the blog. Whatever the topic of your blog, be sure to make it clear in the first paragraph, and ideally the first sentence. Ask yourself, would I keep reading after this paragraph?
- Keep sentences short, and include only one idea / concept / argument in each sentence. • Keep paragraphs short, ideally no more than three sentences.
- Avoid jargon unless essential to the post
- Write in the active mood wherever possible. (eg 'I wrote this blog', rather than 'this blog was written by me')
- Include sources with links for all facts / quotes / references.
- Include social media addresses (twitter and facebook) for any organisation or person mentioned in the article.
- Please submit at least 1 image, minimum width 600px, minimum height 200px. You should either own the copyright to the image, or be providing us with an image that you have the right to share. Pixabay.com is a good source of rights free images.
- Include an author biography (approx 100 words) if first submission.
- Include an author image (approx 100px x 100px) if first submission
- Include any social media addresses you use professionally / academically.
- List any social media groups you believe would be interested in this article.
- Blogs will be published under the author's name; will include their bio; and will provide links to any social media addresses provided.
- If applicable and previously agreed, blogs will feature the logo of the organisation that the individual represents / is part of.
- We reserve the right to edit the blog content for style. We will not change the sense of an argument.
- We reserve the right to reject any post.
- Send all posts to [email protected].